Summer might not officially start for another month, so this post could seem premature. However, my classes ended weeks ago, so I’ve already began my summer reading. The free time during the summer is a welcome respite after the stress of another year of school. Being an English major, I read plenty of good books in my classes, but summer is a time when I can finally choose which books I read.
Of course, this summer is a bit more busy than last year. I have to finish my Honours thesis in the fall, so I’m trying to work on that as much as possible before the fall semester begins. Similarly, I started Latin classes this past school year, and I need to make sure I don’t forget the entire language over the summer. Also, I made the mistake of starting Atlas Shrugged and A Game of Thrones right after my semester ended, so I need to finish those gigantic books before I can move down my reading list.
Speaking of my list, I thought I would post some books that I plan on reading. Some of these I have had for quite some time, because my list constantly grows before I have a chance to finish all of the books, but these are the ones I want to read this summer:
- Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
- Duma Key by Stephen King
- The Guardians of Ga’Hoole books 2 to 4 by Kathryn Lasky
- Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth by Christopher Golden
- The Who By Numbers: The Story of the Who Through Their Music by Alan G. Parker and Steve Grantley
- Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Mr. Bliss by J.R.R. Tolkien
Then I plan on reading this book, which comes out in July:
- The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
So, that’s my list; what’s yours? Do you read more in the summer? Do you make summer reading lists? What books do you want to read this summer? Reply and/or vote in the poll below: